How To Rip Videos from DVDs | Easy Way

Let's use a very user-friendly and FREE software called Handbrake. It took me the longest time to learn this (probably because I was procrastinating too much then LOL) but when I tried it I didn't think it would be as easy as it was.

A lot of people want to rip movies (or my case, more of DVD concerts) to back them up or put it in their iPod's.




Launch Handbrake.
Then click on Source. Then choose the last option. (that is your DVD drive)



















After that click on the drop down:



















Then choose a the location where you want to save the file.










Type in your desired file name and hit Save.




















I will not discuss all the parameters. You can play with them to see which one suits your needs.















Some reminders though:

  • iPods use MP4 and H.264
  • AVI is said to have the highest quality
  • Try no to play with the resolution and most of the parameters first, you can do that later with another software. Focus on retaining the quality as much as possible.

Last step is to click on the Start button.